African App Launchpad Cup 2020 for Startups (up to $72k in prizes)
Deadline: November 22, 2020
Applications are open for the African App Launchpad Cup 2020. The Competition is for African Startups on App and Game Development. The competition has two tracks:
- Game Development: Join this track if your startup team is working on game development, VR, or AR applications.
- App Development: Join this track if your startup team is working on specific App development using any technology. (Mobile, Cloud, Web, IOT, AI, .. etc).
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, announced the African App Launchpad initiative within the closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum (WYF) 2018. The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
- Three winners for each of the two tracks will receive USD $12K, $8K, $4K.
- The other 24 finalists will receive USD $1K each.
- A real-time online business planning training will be offered to finalists by GrindStone.
- GTM program delivered by Thinkroom Consultancy for the first place winners and funded by Microsoft.
- VC introduction from Microsoft Network across Africa.
- Applicants should be from one of the eligible African countries:
- Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old.
- Team size not less than 2 Members.
- A working prototype at least is a must.
The submitted applications as well as pitching will be judged on the following areas:
- Innovation Originality/Creativity
- Business Model
- Art and/or Design of the Game/App
- Team Competencies.
In filling the application form, please note that you can save your progress and return back to the form later to continue submission of the business model overview template in the form, however, you must fill the first contact email in order to receive the link to your unsubmitted form.