Mahathir Science Award 2021 for Tropical Agriculture, Architecture and Engineering (USD $100,000 cash prize)
Deadline: December 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Mahathir Science Award 2021. The Mahathir Science Award (MSA) is positioned as the world’s most prestigious science award for tropical sciences, and bestowed on any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology.
The categories for the award are Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Architecture and Engineering, Tropical Medicine, and Tropical Natural Resources. It is awarded to the most deserving based on merit. As such, this extends beyond the boundaries of Malaysia in order to encourage excellence in tropical science that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and indirectly to the global community.
For the year 2021, the award will be conferred to an individual, a group of individuals, or an organization that has made internationally recognized breakthroughs in the fields of:
- Tropical Agriculture
- Tropical Architecture and Engineering
- One award will be conferred each year. The award carries a cash prize of USD 100,000, a gold medal and a certificate.
- Open to any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology.
The selection of Award winner is based on the scientific breakthroughs, originality of work, impact and its significance in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity.
The merits of the nominee will be assessed based on the materials which are being provided by the nominator and responses to the questions in the nomination form. It is essential that the nominator attaches to the form all background information about the nominee and evidence of contribution that merits consideration for this award.
A complete nomination form must consist of:
- Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
- Curriculum vitae
- List of honours and awards
- List of product/services commercialised
- List of publications and patent (granted and pending)
- Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
- Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
The Award Secretariat accepts mailed or e-mailed nomination addressed to the below contact:
MAHATHIR SCIENCE AWARD FOUNDATION (MSAF)
c/o Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM)
20th Floor, West Wing MATRADE Tower
Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Email: [email protected]
Download the nomination form:
For more information, visit Mahathir Science Award.