Call for Application: UNMGCY/DESA Expert Group Meeting on Youth Mental Health
Deadline: November 18, 2020
Applications are open for youth to join the UNMGCY/DESA Expert Group Meeting on Youth Mental Health. The Division for Inclusive Social Development of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs is convening a virtual Expert Group Meeting (EGM) to provide inputs to the preparation of the World Youth Report 2021 Improving Youth Wellbeing and Mental Health: The Role of Inclusive Social Policies.
UNMGCY has been asked to identify 6 young people to attend and share perspectives from their activism, lived experience and regional contexts.
For the purposes of the World Youth Report, the focus will be on promoting better mental health and wellbeing through inclusive social policies. This approach is grounded in understanding the social determinants of mental health and the experiences of youth. They want to bring a diverse range of young people who are able to speak to these different determinants and how youth mental health plays out in their context.
- If selected, you will be accountable for providing regular feedback to the SDG3/Health Working Group and identifying opportunities to consult with the wider constituency and communicate their viewpoints.
- You will also have the opportunity to share your own personal viewpoints and experiences and they hope you will remain involved in taking forward their collaboration on the World Youth Report.
- Open to young activists and those with experience of mental health challenges
- Applicants should be under 30 years old.
The criteria used for selection would be:
- Substantive understanding of youth mental health (including lived experience of living with or overcoming mental health and wellbeing challenges);
- Statement of purpose to participate;
- Your plans for engagement and taking inputs with the broader constituency as well as local and regional networks.
- You must also be available for the full meeting on November 24 and 25.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Final deadline is November 18, 2020; 12.00 GMT.
For more information, visit UNMGCY/DESA.