Green Institute Internship 2021 for Young Leaders worldwide (grant of $1,000)
Deadline: January 19, 2021
Applications are open for the Green Institute Internship 2021. The Green Institute Internship is a 6-month innovative virtual program for garnering knowledge, skills and experience in the field of sustainability.
The program aims to nurture college students and fresh graduates (not more than two years), thereby bridging the gap between education and career development. It does this by offering on-the-job-training and experience for effective employee development.
A capstone project is required in partial fulfillment of the program, which is geared at providing sustainable and innovative solutions to existing local challenges. Participants are expected to carry out an innovative solution ranging from policies, advocacy or education to products, services and business models that address a particular challenge. The project is judged based on innovativeness, depth of impact, and scalability. The participant with the best community project is awarded a grant of $1000.
The Internship program builds participants by empowering them through capacity building and critical thinking skills to become eco-conscious, ethical and entrepreneurial leaders in their communities and the world at large.
- Gain experience about the application of sustainability in their various fields.
- Full access to the course content of the Principles of Green and Sustainability Science, a globalized course content curated by renowned sustainability experts and centered on the African content.
- Network with other sustainability leaders around the world.
- Curriculum vitae evaluation and career guidance and counseling.
- Become qualified to win a grant of $1,000 for best community project.
- Certificate of completion providing a competitive advantage in the 21st century job market.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Applicant must be a student of an academic institution or graduates of not more than 2 years.
- Must be available to participate and possess requisite digital tools such as a computer and internet connection.
- Skills they look out for include but not limited to; Web development, graphics designers, content writers/copy writers, business developers, data analyst, social media managers, proposal/grant writing.
- Stage 1: Applicants are required to sign up to the Greeners Tribe platform and complete their profile update. After successful sign up they are to upload a 60-second video pitch on the issue provided in the platform.
- Stage 2: This second phase engages applicants in threads of discussions, unlocking their thinking capabilities, personality trait and leadership style. They will be assigned a task matched with their skills to access their proficiency level.
- Stage 3: Applicants undergo a 15-minute interview with the Director of Internship and discuss their previously assigned tasks. Interviews begin on February 22, 2021 and end on February 25, 2021.
- Stage 4 & 5: The highest performing participants are accepted into the Internship Program. The internship begins in April 5, 2021.
For more information, visit Green Institute Internship.