Deadline: February 1, 2021
Applications are open for the WISE Prize for Education 2021. The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual or a team for their outstanding contribution to education, and for their resolve to develop an idea or grow their initiative further.
The WISE Prize for Education celebrates and shares the laureate’s vision in building the future of education by providing the Laureate(s) tailored support over two years to scale their impact.
Established in 2011 by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, the WISE Prize for Education is the first distinction of its kind to recognize an individual or a team for an outstanding, world-class contribution to education. The WISE Prize for Education raises the status of education by giving it similar prestige to other areas for which international prizes exist –such as literature, peace, and economics.
- The Laureate(s) will receive US $500,000 cash prize dedicated to continuing their work in education, and a medal.
- Potential WISE Prize for Education candidates can be researchers, education practitioners, policy makers, organization leaders and can belong to any education sector such as early childhood education, K-12, higher education, vocational training, differently abled development, informal education, distance-based learning, education technology and lifelong learning.
- Nominees for the WISE Prize for Education can be from any part of the world.
- The 2021 WISE Prize for Education selection process only accepts nominations. Self-nominations will not be considered.
- The nominator must be an individual and not an organization, the nominator could be working with the nominee, part of their community, one of the nominee’s end beneficiaries or have no relationship with the nominee.
- The nominator will fill out the nomination form and should know the nominee’s work very well.
- The nominator can fill out the nomination form without informing or asking for information from the nominee. The nominator can also request information from the nominee to fill the form.
- The nominator should provide the needed contact information, in case the WISE team would like to contact the nominator for further details.
The nominee(s) should meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to Education: The nominee(s) has proven a continuous commitment to addressing education challenge(s) locally or internationally.
- Positive Systemic Innovation: the nominee(s) is a catalyst for systemic change by creating innovative solutions to local or international education challenge(s).
- Leadership: the vision of the nominee(s) is not only innovative but contextually challenges the status quo. The nominee(s) is the driving force behind the project/organization not simply the director. The nominee has the energy and aspiration to continue growing the impact of his or her work.
- Sustainable Impact: the contribution of the nominee(s) generates positive and sustainable impact in the lives of the targeted beneficiaries. Shortlisted nominee(s) must clearly outline how the WISE Prize for Education will optimize, grow and scale their impact.
Each nomination requires two supporters; the two references should be individuals who have worked closely with the nominee from collaborating organizations, previous colleagues…etc. The WISE team will contact the supporters, the supporters SHOULD NOT send letters of the recommendation to WISE unless they are requested.
The nomination form should be submitted before the deadline as the system automatically closes by the timeline, and WISE does not accept nominations after the deadline, February 1, 2021.
For more information, visit WISE Prize for Education.