Call for Applications: Future Food Fellowship 2021
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Future Food Fellowship 2021. The Fellowship aims to bring together competences from academic and industrial research in the fields covered by the Future Food – A Swiss Research Initiative. The overarching goal is to develop solutions that address grand challenges such as affordable nutrition and sustainable packaging.
A successful fellow must demonstrate the willingness to engage in scientific or economic issues across the frontiers of food and nutrition sciences. The programme supports research projects at the postdoctoral level, and is structured around annual calls for applications. The Fellowship provides personal research funds for three years to enable fellows to work on their projects in a research laboratory.
- The total funds per fellowship may not exceed CHF 390,000 for the entire three-year grant, including social security contributions.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply; there are no restrictions concerning age.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate or will complete their doctorate until September 30 succeeding the interview date. Applicants with completed doctorate must have obtained it a maximum of three years prior to the submission deadline.
- Applicants must not have been affiliated for studies, research, employment or other activities (with or without payment) at either ETH Zurich or EPFL during the 12 months that immediately precede the submission deadline.
- Applications will not be forwarded for evaluation if applicants already hold or have held a faculty-equivalent position (e.g. assistant professor) in a higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
- Applications and supporting documentation must be written in English.
- The prospective research project must also comply with the applicable ethics regulations and adhere to the principles of research integrity valid at the host institution (ETH Zurich or EPFL). Relevant ethical, legal and social considerations should be included in the proposal.
The main criteria include:
- The project proposal’s strategic fit to the topics specified in the call;
- The project’s relevance and practical impact with respect to the industry partners;
- Scientific excellence assessed in terms of:
- Originality/novelty of research objective and/or research plan
- Suitability and quality of research approach/ work method
- Competence and experience of the applicant in the field of the proposed research
- Added value of the collaboration between the applicant and the host professor (including industry partners, if applicable)
- Feasibility of the project with respect to resources, management and organisation.
Full proposals must be submitted electronically using the online submission tool. Please make sure to adhere to the page limits assigned to each section of the proposal.
For more information, visit Future Food Fellowship.