UNHCR Humanitarian Education Accelerator (HEA) 2021 (Funding up to USD $200,000)
Deadline: January 15, 2021
Applications are open for the UNHCR Humanitarian Education Accelerator (HEA) 2021. The program supports promising humanitarian education innovations to transition from successful pilots to programs that can operate at scale – through capacity building, mentorship, peer learning and rigorous research.
The Humanitarian Education Accelerator (HEA) was established in 2016, through an initial partnership between UNHCR, UNICEF and the UK Department for International Development – to generate evidence that supports the design and delivery of high-quality education innovations at scale for children affected by humanitarian crises, whilst also building internal capacity of implementers to identify and sustainably scale what works.
The HEA provides a unique model of support for grantees, blending mentorship by experts, peer-to-peer learning and capacity building support to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and scaling processes, with a long-term approach to evaluation and evidence building.
HEA support to successful applicants includes:
- Capacity building by experts in scaling innovations, M&E and partnerships for 10 innovations during a week-long Scaling Bootcamp.
- Tailored mentorship and further capacity building support on research, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and scaling for 5 innovations over 3 months.
- Funding of up to USD 200,000 for the final 3 selected innovations – to be used towards internal capacity building in M&E and investments in research, project implementation and scaling. A fully funded external evaluation for the final 3 selected innovations will also be provided.
You are eligible to apply if
- Your innovation provides a solution to an education challenge within emergency or protracted crisis settings;
- Your innovation being implemented in one or more of the following focus countries: Chad, Ethiopia, Jordan, Lebanon and Uganda;
- You have developed a Proof of Concept around your innovation;
- You are ready to scale;
- You have human resources and financial resources to support the scaling process.
- Step 1: Complete and submit the application form by 5pm (CET) on January 15, 2021.
- Step 2: Longlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to deliver a 5-minute pitch on their innovation on February 8 or 9, 2021.
- Step 3: From the pitches a shortlist of up to 10 innovations will be invited to join Stage 1 of the HEA – the Scaling Bootcamp – during the first week of March 2021.