British High Commission & Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria Essay Competition 2021
Deadline: January 18, 2021
Applications are open for the British High Commission & Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria Essay Competition 2021. The Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF) of the British High Commission (BHC) supports Chevening Alumni Association activities across the globe. The Alumni Association are professionals who are beneficiaries of the Chevening Scholarship Programme for Post-Graduate Studies in various disciplines in the United Kingdom (UK).
The Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria (CAAN) has received funding from the Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF), to organize an essay competition for young people in Nigeria, as part of its community service endeavours.
The topic for the Competition is “Alternative Narratives to illegal Migration Amongst Young People in Nigeria.”
Background of the Topic
The essay seeks to stimulate thoughts on illegal migration, especially amongst young people, towards preventing the occurrence, and for providing options to breaches of immigration regulations. The options should not only help stop the risks that it exposes perpetrators to, but should offer alternative ideas on earning a living, aside from the belief that the option can only be elsewhere. It seeks to challenge the youths on creating and harnessing opportunities in the local environment, and to envision migration from the legal path, if desired. The focus of the essay is on emphasizing the risks of illegal migration by deepening knowledge on other possibilities.
- 1st Place prize: A Laptop and 1-month Data subscription.
- 2nd Place Prize: A Tablet and 1-month Data subscription.
- 3rd Place prize: A Smart Phone and 1-month Data subscription.
- Prize winners will receive a Certificate of Good Performance.
- Open to undergraduate students in Nigeria;
- Applicants may be registered students in public or private universities and in other tertiary institutions of learning.
- Not more than 2000 words, including references.
- Must be original, as essay will be subjected to credit referencing checks.
- Typed and double-spaced.
- Appropriate use of examples and illustrations.
- Creative and engaging, with realistic solutions to the migration saga.
- Comprehensive prose.
The deadline to submit applications is January 18, 2021 by 12.00 GMT.
For more information, visit Chevening Essay Competition.