Women in News (WIN) Leadership Accelerator Program 2021
Deadline: January 31, 2021
Applications for the Women in News (WIN) Leadership Accelerator Program 2021 are now open. The WIN Leadership Accelerator is an intensive, nine-month long career and leadership program for journalists and editors working in Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia.
The program accepts 100-150 applicants, annually. Through a combination of coaching, training, mentoring and networking, they enable journalists and editors who take part in the program to acquire new skills and build their capacity to lead and transform.
Successful applicants to the WIN Leadership Accelerator Program benefit from the following:
- One-on-one coaching to create a three-to-five year career roadmap: Develop your career management plan and learn how to implement it. Coach and mentee meet individually on five occasions with follow-up sessions. The coaches use global best practices, customised specifically for the WIN Accelerator.
- Certified Media Management training: Regional and global experts drawn from the WIN and WAN-IFRA extended community deliver training on: newsroom management, financial management, operationalising digital strategy and the business of news. Delivered in person and via learning platforms.
- Gender Balance in Content training: Get exposed to tools and tactics to help you and your organisation achieve more balanced and representative content.
- Managing Sexual Harassment training: Tools and procedures to protect yourself and members of your team from sexual harassment in the newsroom and in the field.
- Leadership Hubs: National or regional in-person and virtual gatherings that will help to develop personal and career management strategies and build professional networks.
- COVID-19 Precautions: Given the ongoing risks from COVID-19, the WIN Leadership Accelerator is currently offered entirely and exclusively online through virtual meetings, webinars and training. This approach will continue until it’s safe to resume in-person events, based on local and regional conditions.
- The WIN Leadership Accelerator is targeted at mid to senior level editors and journalists in WIN’s intervention markets.
- Participants must have two to three years of experience managing people or processes and be working in the media sector – print or digital newspapers, radio and, in some cases, broadcast.
- They recognise that gender is not binary. All media professionals who are women identifying, as well as non-binary people, are welcome to apply to the Accelerator.
- Women media professionals from the following countries are eligible to apply: Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe (WIN Africa), Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine (WIN Arab Region), Myanmar and Vietnam (Southeast Asia).
You’re required to login/register to submit the accelerator application.
For more information, visit Women in News.