Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence 2021 (for Indians)
Deadline: March 22, 2021
Applications are open for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence 2021. The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence is the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for more than 20 years.
The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with strong and demonstrable leadership potential. The fellowship addresses issues faced by leaders in all fields and explores changing ideas and practices of leadership, looking at the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders.
The fellowship is hosted by the University of Oxford within the Department of Politics and International Relations. The fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
The 11-week Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence at the University of Oxford starts from the premise that as an economic powerhouse of the global economy, a growing leader in science and technology, and the world’s largest democracy, India is in a pivotal position to drive forward an effective and legitimate institutional international order to meet the emerging challenges to global integration.
Every year twelve selected Gurukul Fellows will be offered an intensive, eleven-week residential course at the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) at the University of Oxford to study and address these challenges through three fundamental and interlocking components focusing on academic understanding, policy relevance and personal development.
This innovative programme will familiarise India’s future leaders with an understanding of the contemporary opportunities and challenges of global integration, the leadership skills to play a leading role in meeting them, and the knowledge to translate this into policy and practice.
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from India to the UK.
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country;
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship;
- Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application;
- Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying;
- Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, private sector, media, and civil society and have a good working knowledge of English (which may be assessed by a qualified English language assessor);
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship;
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines, requirements and expectations of the programme.
Apply to the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence by March 22, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.