Apply for the Ernest Solvay Fund 2021 (up to €7,500)
Deadline: March 15, 2021
Applications are open for the Ernest Solvay Fund 2021. One of the primary aims of the Ernest Solvay Fund is to promote interest in scientific and technological training and development, both in Belgium and abroad.
It does this by supporting initiatives in both education and entrepreneurship in areas of science and technology such as chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics and earth sciences. The medical and pharmaceutical fields are not a priority.
Applications for support can be submitted by completing the online form in the language of the form. Twice a year, in the spring and autumn, the Management Committee meets to select initiatives which are in accordance with the aim of the Fund. Projects with potential impact and an innovative character can be supported.
- Selected projects will receive financial support up to €7,500.
- Any organization implementing a non-commercial project which is intended to promote and encourage:
- scientific/technological training or study as a choice for young people and/or training of their entrepreneurial skills;
- promotion of and involvement in scientific research
- scientific and technological entrepreneurship.
- Applications for scholarships for studies or research, in the frame of doctoral or postdoctoral research, are not taken into consideration. The organization of conferences may be taken into account provided they bring together young people for educational purposes.
- The projects outside the European borders have to be realized in countries where Solvay is active or be supported by or implemented in partnership with an European organization.
During its selection process, the jury will pay attention to the following criteria:
- the potential impact and innovative character of the project
- the project must be clear, concrete and realistic
- it must be possible to implement it with the stated funding and within the stated timetable
- the summary of the project must be as accurate as possible and it has to be stated to what expenses the Fund’s grant is going to be allocated.
- the funding provided by the Fund
- can be complementary but should not take the place of public funding.
- covers the expenses necessary to carry out the project, not the sponsoring expenses related to marketing and advertising nor logistics costs.
If you want to learn how to submit an application form online, view video here.
For more information, visit Ernest Solvay Fund.