EDUFI Fellowship Program 2021 for Doctoral Students and Researchers
Are you looking for a scholarship to help you recruit a foreign student to do doctoral research? Applications are invited for the EDUFI Fellowship Program 2021.
The EDUFI Fellowship is intended, particularly, for providing initial funding to carry out research for a doctoral thesis in Finland. They have attracted excellent young researches to Finland with the fellowship, the majority of whom have also managed to secure further funding for their research.
They will award the grant
- for starting work on a doctoral research project if the whole doctoral thesis will be completed in a Finnish university. You cannot apply for the grant at the end of a research project or for post-doctoral research.
- for completing a double degree in Finland.
- for a study visit for post-graduate students working on a doctoral thesis in a university outside Finland, if there are particularly compelling reasons for the cooperation.
- The fellowship grant is intended for post-graduate studies as well as research and teaching cooperation in Finnish universities in all fields of study.
- The grant is intended to cover the living costs of the fellow in Finland. They will not pay separate accommodation costs or contribute to travel, visa, residence permit or insurance costs.
- Applications are open to a Finnish university department;
- You can apply for the fellowship grant if
- You work as a researcher or a teacher in a Finnish university department;
- You will be hosting the research fellow;
- You will commit to common objectives with the research fellow;
- You will offer facilities and equipment for the use of the research fellow;
- You will supervise the research.
- You can apply for a fellowship for a non-Finnish post-graduate (post Master’s degree) student or a young researcher that you will invite to Finland or who has been in Finland for a maximum of one year before applying for the fellowship.
- The EDUFI Fellowship is available to all foreign nationals and all fields of study.
You can fill in the EDUFI Fellowship application form in Finnish, Swedish or English. The application form comes with instructions on how to fill it and a list of required annexes.
Post the signed form and annexes by e-mail to: [email protected], and write “EDUFI Fellowship” in the subject line of the e-mail.
For more information, visit EDUFI Fellowship.