Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applications for the MasterCard Foundation At RUFORUM Scholarships 2021/2022 are now open. The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture, a network of 129 universities in 38 African countries to Transform African Agricultural Universities (TAGDev) to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development.
The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 Masters Scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda. For the academic year 2021/2022, thirty (30) Master’s Scholarships are available, of which 50% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals. Fifty percent (50%) of the scholarships will be awarded to female applicants.
- Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement.
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota;
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota;
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Be less than 30 years by the deadline of the application.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University). Continuing students are NOT eligible.
- For admission into the two universities, one must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with a second class honours, upper division.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership.
- Have commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
- Have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation.
Eligible Programs of Study
The following academic programs are eligible for application during the Academic Year 2021/2022.
- Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
- Master of Science in Agri-enterprises Development
- Master of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Master of Science in Animal Nutrition
- Master of Science in Food Science
Application forms for the scholarship can be downloaded from the following links:
Applicants are encouraged to carefully study the application guidelines and provide all the required information and documents prior to submitting the application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to program coordinators in the University of choice. Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 5 MB and two file attachment (university admission form and scholarship application form).
For more information, visit MCF@RUFORUM Scholarship.