Deadline: February 11, 2021
Are you a young person under the age of 30 who is passionate about contributing to change in your country, region and globally and would like to mobilize the meaningful participation of young people living with and affected by HIV, young activists, students and researchers at the 24th International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2022)? Apply now to join the AIDS 2022 Organizing Committee!
The AIDS 2022 Organizing Committee provides overall planning and guidance for the development of the scientific, community and leadership components of the programme, including curating the abstract-driven sessions, attracting high level participation, promoting the conference and targeting specific research to showcase at AIDS 2022 to be held in July 2022.
The committee will advise on and support the development of the conference programme including, but not limited to, identifying issues, thematic areas, target audience, and key population groups for focus within the conference programme. Other specific responsibilities of the AIDS 2022 OC include to:
- Draft the scope and objectives and abstract categories of the scientific tracks for the conference programme;
- Develop symposia, bridging, workshop and abstract sessions including proposing topics and speakers;
- Coordinate programme building activities with track committees or working groups;
- Serve as point persons for sessions, coordinating content and presenter outreach together with the IAS secretariat;
- Suggest candidates to serve on sub-groups such as the Workshops and the Global Village and Youth Programme (GVYP) working groups and scientific track committees, as well as abstract reviewers and lead and assistant rapporteurs for each track;
- Confirm criteria for abstract submission, review and selection;
- Determine the International Scholarship Programme profile and criteria;
- Lead or participate in abstract selection;
- Prepare for and participate in all committee meetings by reviewing pre-reading materials and actively engaging;
- Promote the conference through relevant professional networks and institutional channels, and through solicitation of breaking science from peers.
- Applications will only be accepted from people under the age of 30 as of April 2021.
- Applicants may be from anywhere across the globe.
Applications to become a young representative on the AIDS 2022 Organizing Committee close on Thursday, 11 February 2021.