Deadline: March 10, 2021
Are you passionate about the environment? Are you interested in creating tangible community actions towards tackling global issues locally? Apply for the U-recycle Initiative African Youth for Environment (AY4E) Fellowship 2021.
U-recycle Initiative is searching for 6 emerging change agents who are enthusiastic about environmental sustainability and ocean protection, and who through this AY4E fellowship can build their capacity and implement grassroots solutions to address plastic pollution.
The African Youth for Environment (AY4E) Fellowship is a comprehensive environmental education and awareness project powered by U-recycle Initiative and funded by a National Geographic Society grant. AY4E focuses on influencing positive behavioural changes towards tackling issues of plastic pollution in Nigeria. The Fellowship empowers youth and high school students across Nigeria with knowledge, skills and tools to begin developing actionable solutions at the grassroots level to combat plastic pollution.
Through the AY4E Fellowship, U-recycle Initiative plans to coach 6 young people who will then enlighten and engage over 6,000 high-school students in 6 schools across the 6 geographical zones in Nigeria, through creative environmental education projects.
- Gain lifelong leadership skills, access mentorship with global changemakers and access unique opportunities that will set you apart. The knowledge gained from this program would be valuable to those interested in environmental sustainability.
- Win free swag items, goodie hampers, gadgets, movie tickets, and more by completing tasks monthly relating to sub-projects.
- Earn resume-worthy experience and global recognition.
- Develop your project management skills
- At the end of the fellowship in December, the best fellow wins an all-expense-paid 3-days staycation trip to Egypt.
- You must be between the ages of 16-25 years old (should have completed secondary school/high school);
- Should be Nigerian and should be a resident in Nigeria for the next one year;
- Should have access to a Laptop and internet connection;
- Show deep commitment or passion to address environmental issues like plastic pollution;
- Readiness to develop and become a young social impact leader that advances solutions towards addressing environmental issues in Africa;
- Must be an excellent communicator and self-starter who is determined to succeed;
- Must be willing and available to implement 5 environmental education projects (designed and fully-funded by U-recycle Initiative) at one high school in your state;
- You are a creative, innovative and dynamic changemaker who has or is ready to inspire and educate others to take action for the environment;
- You are passionate about environmental protection, plastic pollution, ocean conservation;
- You should be willing to commit 3-7 hours for (training or project implementation) on selected weeks;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work independently and under time pressure;
- You have some experience in engaging in environmental awareness, advocacy or community service or may have taken courses or training in themes relating to environmental pollution. Demonstrated ability to organize community service activities is an advantage.
Applications will close on March 10, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit AY4E Fellowship.