Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Public Leaders Programme 2021
Deadline: March 19, 2021
Applications are invited for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Public Leaders Programme 2021. In collaboration with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, this unique programme offers senior public servants an immersive executive education experience aimed at strengthening the skills they need to build cultures of excellence, effectiveness and integrity throughout the institutions they lead. Programme graduates are able to enhance their countries’ development through improved governance and public policy creation.
Public sector executives ascending the ranks of government departments, agencies, ministries or multilateral organisations must maintain exemplary performance in their current role while developing the new skills and perspectives they will need to take on a top leadership role.
The AIG Public Leaders Programme is designed to ensure these senior public leaders, and those who are moving into the senior leadership of the public-sector over the next three to seven years, master a range of new skills as quickly as possible. The programme aims to broaden their skills as public leaders and provide them with the conceptual frameworks and practical tools they need to meet the challenges of a complex and rapidly changing world.
The PLP offers insights from the world’s leading scholars and practitioners, and peer learning from participants’ counterparts. The learning experience is intense and demanding, engaging participants through a mixture of classroom discussion, simulations, practical exercises and group work.
- This programme is offered at no cost to eligible public sector employees who are successful in the application process.
- Be African citizens, working in the public sector within Africa;
- Have a minimum of seven years of active service in the public sector;
- Be at a Directorate level;
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership qualities and abilities;
- Be endorsed by the Head of Ministry/ Department/ Agency where the candidate works.
Only the best public sector executives from across Africa will be selected to participate in this programme. Candidates will be chosen based on their public sector experience and achievements, proven leadership qualities, intellectual abilities and personal motivations and ambitions.
Applicants must take note of the following:
- Session dates: August to November 2021
- Location: Online and Abuja, Nigeria
- Application deadline: Friday, 19 March 2021
For more information, visit Africa Initiative for Governance.