Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grants 2021
Deadline: February 16, 2021
Applications for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grants 2021 are now open. 25 Early Career Conference Grants are available for university staff at ACU member universities. The grants help to ensure that more emerging researchers – and the universities that employ them – can benefit from valuable opportunities.
For emerging academics, taking part in an international conference can have a profound impact on their teaching and research. Conferences are a chance to share research, learn about the latest developments in an area of work, and build valuable professional networks. Researchers find themselves better informed and better connected with new knowledge that can be shared and multiplied amongst colleagues and students. To reflect the current times, this year’s grants will solely fund participation in virtual (online) conferences.
- Conference registration fee: up to GBP 500.
- Data grant of GBP 50 if needed.
- Free access to virtual presentation training.
- Be employed by an ACU member university as a lecturer, post-doctoral researcher, professor, associate professor, or equivalent
- Be within seven years of the start of their academic (research/teaching) career
- Have previously never travelled for work purposes (including conferences) outside their region of employment since the start of their academic career.
Grants can be used for a virtual (online) conference of the applicant’s choice. Applicants can specify their conference of choice on the application form. The conference must take place between 1 June and 31 December 2021. High quality conferences organised by universities or academic bodies of good standing will be prioritised for selection. Applicants should therefore carefully research their chosen conference before submitting an application.
As part of the application form, applicants must:
- Provide details of their chosen conference, including a copy of their abstract.
- Choose the Sustainable Development Goal(s) which relate most closely to their research and describe how their research can contribute to achieving these goals.
- Explain the reasons for their choice of conference and how it will benefit their career goals.
- Explain how they will share the knowledge gained by participating in the conference.
- Attach a detailed letter or email of support from their head of department.
Complete an online application form by 16:00 UTC on Tuesday 16 February.
For more information, visit ACU Grants.