ARTICULATE: UK-ASEAN Cross-Cultural Digital Programme 2021 for Young Artists
Deadline: February 28, 2021
Applications are open for the UK-ASEAN Cross-Cultural Digital Programme 2021. ART-I-CULATE is a digital experiential programme for 40 young aspiring artists from the UK and 5 ASEAN countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. The aim of the programme is to champion cultural understanding and art-centred digital innovation between ASEAN and the UK.
Are you an aspiring young artist between 14-21 years old and is currently based in ASEAN or the UK? Are you ready to kickstart your journey in the creative world and participate in cross-cultural creative collaborations and form long-lasting friendships and mentorship opportunities? Are you looking to develop your portfolio and meet inspiring world-class artists?
If yes, this programme is for you!
ARTICULATE brings together young people of diverse backgrounds to access life-changing online opportunities to explore cross-cultural collaborations, growth-focused engagements and meaningful artistic workshops amidst the “new normal”. They want to celebrate the ongoing relationship between the ASEAN and the UK and will be bringing together 40 young aspiring artists from the UK and ASEAN.
Participants will be provided access to high-quality digital series of art masterclasses, cultural dialogue, and a three month-long cross-cultural collaboration which equips participants to boost their portfolios whilst weaving long-lasting relationships.
At the end of the programme, artworks will be featured in a digital art exhibition which will be accessible to the wider audience globally. The artworks will also be published via an e-book, showcasing participants’ enhanced artistic and technological know-hows, collaborative synergy and transformative cultural understanding of Southeast Asian and British arts and culture.
Applicants must meet the following requirements and submit further documents:
- Be between 14-21years old at the start of the programme
- Be based in any of the following countries:
- ASEAN: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- UK: England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, British Isles
- Confirmation of availability to attend all events (please kindly refer to the programme outline below)
- Submission of sample artwork, 10MB max – Please note that plagiarised entries will result in an automatic disqualification
- For applicants under 18 yrs old: submission of parental / Guardian Consent via electronic signature
- Access to a computer, internet connection and Zoom platform.
Girls from less privileged backgrounds, young people with disabilities and those who hold refugee status are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please complete the form below and submit it before the deadline on 28 February 2021.
For more information, visit ART-I-CULATE.