Deadline: February 28, 2021
The KDI School’s International Cooperation Division is accepting applications for the G20 Global Leadership Program taking place from April 21 – June 2, 2021. This program has been designed for experienced managers, practitioners and decision makers in their respective organization who will be working in some capacity as a leader, change agent, or facilitator in promoting global development or on G20 agenda-setting.
The G20 Global Leadership Program is co-hosted by the Ministry of Economy and Finance, and the Korea Development Institute (KDI) School of Public Policy and Management. As part of Korea’s commitment to the G20 Seoul Development Consensus for Shared Growth set forth at the Seoul Summit in 2010, which aimed “to add value to and complement existing development commitments” this program aims to enhance the participants’ abilities to contribute to economic growth and reach global development goals in their respective countries and in the professional capacities they currently hold.
The KDI School of Public Policy and Management was founded in 1997 as the educational arm of the Korea Development Institute (KDI), the country’s leading economic policy think tank. The KDI School was established with a two-fold mission: to produce international experts with theoretic knowledge and practical skills in the field of development economics and public policy; and to foster future leaders who can cope with the rapidly changing international environment and exercise global leadership in every sector of our society.
Since its inception, the KDI School has cultivated over 3000 professionals from 99 different countries who have led positive change in their respective spheres of influence. The School has grown exponentially due to its unwavering commitment to excellence in teaching, promoting a truly international learning environment, and by serving as a global hub for knowledge sharing.
- This is a blended program that will be offered using online and offline methodology. Calling upon participants to share their respective experiences, the online lectures will include lessons from Korea’s development experience with regards to growth strategies, trade and industrial policies, human development and other key development areas. G20 development agenda issues will also be addressed.
- The program also incorporates a Field Study trip to Korea. This Field Study component is designed to optimize opportunities for participants to engage in in-depth discussions with the speakers and fellow G20 participants, as well as participate in activities outside the classroom that can build upon your online/classroom learnings.
* Details of the Field Study trip will be announced later in the year and will depend on COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Applications are invited from G20 countries and emerging countries.
- This program is designed for experienced practitioners and decision-makers who will be working in some capacity as a leader, change agent, or facilitator in promoting global development, or G20 agenda-setting.
- Each applicant should possess a minimum of three years of work experience, or be at the middle manager level in his/her current field
- A strong proficiency in the English is required, as all courses and coursework will be conducted in English
Those who have participated in the G20 Global Leadership Program or other ODA programs funded by KDI School of Public Policy and Management in the last two years will not be eligible to apply.
Please submit an online application via the link below. The application deadline for the program is February 28th, 2021.
For more information, visit KDI School.