British Council ELTons Innovation Awards 2021
Deadline: March 21, 2021
Have you produced an innovative English language teaching or learning product, publication or service in the last two years? Apply for the ELTons Innovation Awards 2021!
The British Council ELTons Awards for innovation in English language teaching and learning celebrate the newest and most original courses, books, publications, apps, platforms, projects, and more, which find new ways to meet the real-life needs of English language learners and teachers around the world.
In the last year, professionals in the global English language teaching community have shown extraordinary resourcefulness, finding ways to limit the disruption to learners’ education, at an unparalleled pace. The ELTons 2021 is an opportunity to recognise and celebrate teams and individuals innovating against the odds.
There are five ELTons’ categories:
- Excellence in Course Innovation: Courses using a fresh variety of content, formats, or media, to help learners achieve stretching levels of English language proficiency.
- Innovation in Teacher Resources: Resources supporting English language teaching professionals, whether through teacher training, education, or Continuing Professional Development.
- Innovation in Learner Resources: Services, activities, materials or works using innovative means to improve English language learners’ proficiency in vocabulary, grammar, fluency, receptive and productive skills, or vital language skills for study or for work.
- Digital Innovation: Use of digital technology or media – cutting edge technologies, or original use of existing technology – to benefit high-quality English language learning.
- Local Innovation in partnership with Cambridge Assessment English: Resources or project innovating to meet specific, local needs, within local, national or regional contexts around the world.
- Applications are welcome from organisations large and small, from: schools, universities, publishers and start-ups, to charities, associations and collectives
- Applicants may be professionals in English language education around the world – educators, leaders, publishers, project managers, writers and authors.
To enter your innovation into the ELTons 2021, there are two steps to the application process.
- Step One: To enter your innovation:
- Step two: To complete your application submission via the ELTons online submission portal, in addition to your application form, you must submit one, digital copy of your entry (e.g. digital access to your course, book, app, platform, project materials, etc.).
Please note, entry samples to the ELTons 2021 must be provided in a digital format. (Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances it is not possible to submit physical samples.)
For more information, visit British Council.