Deadline: March 26, 2021
Applications are open for the YALI RLC-SA/Trevor Noah Foundation Education Changemakers Programme 2021. The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
Programme implementation will be completed in two phases:
- Four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundation leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector and
- Six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
- Open to young leaders between the ages of 18-35;
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent;
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector;
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program;
- English language proficiency.
The program encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers.
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders.
- Young leaders with disabilities.
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS.
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region.
- Other minority groups.
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the programme. The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center in Midrand, South Africa.
For more information, visit YALI RLC-SA/Trevor Noah Foundation.