Deadline: April 16, 2021
Expressions of Interest for the Association of Commonwealth Universities/British Council Virtual Workshop Delivery are now open. The ACU and the British Council have partnered to establish the Commonwealth Climate Research cohort – providing a platform for 24-26 rising-star local researchers to bring multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise to a global stage, build international collaborations, and work with experts to influence issues related to climate and environment in their communities and beyond.
The ACU-British Council partnership is seeking proposals from ACU member universities to deliver three virtual training workshops for the cohort. In the lead-up to COP26, this unique cohort will work together, and alongside experts in the sector, to identify opportunities to engage and influence on issues related to climate and environment.
The three virtual training workshops are a core component of the programme, and focus on the following topics:
- Research leadership
- Knowledge exchange
The workshops will equip the cohort with the skills to effectively communicate their research, and design and deliver their own research-to-action project. To ensure the successful delivery of this component, the ACU is recruiting facilitators to run each of the three workshops.
- A total of GBP 2,500 (plus VAT if applicable) is available to deliver each workshop. It is possible that one team could deliver one, two, or all three workshops. If you intend to apply to deliver more than one of the workshops, you must submit an individual application for each one.
- Applicants must be employed by an ACU member university;
- The researchers will be based in regions ranging from the Caribbean to the Pacific. It is imperative that facilitators can ensure all members of the cohort are able to participate fully in the workshops, and take into account diverse time zones when preparing the delivery plan.
- It may be that you will need to split the workshop into two sessions delivered over two days and run each session twice, in order to accommodate different time zones. Therefore, two days have been allocated to each workshop.
The application deadlines and delivery dates for each workshop are as follows:
- Workshop 1: Research Leadership
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 19 at 9:00 UTC
- Delivery Dates: April 14-15, 2021 UTC
- Workshop 2: Knowledge Exchange
- Application Deadline: Friday, April 2 at 9:00 UTC
- Delivery Dates: May 12-13, 2021 UTC
- Workshop 3: Research-to-action
- Application Deadline: Friday, April 16 at 9:00 UTC
- Delivery Dates: June 16-17, 2021 UTC
The following application documents are required:
- A workshop delivery plan designed to meet the learning outcomes;
- A cover letter that includes details on the trainers, their experience in delivering virtual training workshops, and their motivation for delivering the workshop;
- CVs of the proposed trainers;
- A full budget that aligns to the stated delivery plan and team profile. The maximum budget available to host each workshop is £2,500 (plus VAT if applicable).
Applicants must submit a list of documents via email to [email protected] by the dates specified above.
For more information, visit ACU/British Council Call.