ECL Youth Ambassadors Programme for the European Code against Cancer 2021
Deadline: April 4, 2021
Are you a youth leader, passionate about public health and willing to make a change in cancer prevention? Apply for the Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) Programme to become a Youth Ambassador for the European Code Against Cancer!
The ECL Youth Ambassador programme brings together students and young professionals interested in health promotion and motivated to share this enthusiasm with their peers across Europe. They represent ECL in their home country and with their activities promote the European Code Against Cancer (ECAC).
The aims are:
- To gather knowledge and experience, from young people themselves, when communicating cancer prevention messages;
- To maximise the potential of the professional, academic, and social networks of each Youth Ambassador to disseminate better the recommendations of the European Code Against Cancer among the public but especially towards younger age groups;
- To provide regular training and opportunities for Youth Ambassadors to enable them to develop their advocacy, communication, and project management skills;
- To encourage Youth Ambassadors to develop and implement collaborative, multi-country actions to promote ECAC.
Duties and Responsibilities
Youth Ambassadors have access to a wide range of advocacy and event management tools in support of their initiatives. There are four areas of impact that the Ambassadors can partake in next to developing their individual actions: research, advocacy, event management and communication. Each member is expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Organising and delivering presentations, promotion events, trainings, conferences and/or workshops;
- Promoting the ECAC on social media and traditional media;
- Attending the annual Summer School;
- Meeting with cancer leagues, decision-makers and other influential stakeholders in the cancer community to promote the ECAC.
Students, young professionals or volunteers with a passion for advocacy, communication and health promotion are welcome to join the team. The ideal candidate should be:
- Between 18-35 years old;
- Residing in the WHO/European Region;
- Interested in advocacy, research, event management and/or communication;
- Willing to dedicate a few hours of their time every week to promote the ECAC and build long-standing connections with young activists across the region.
To apply, complete the form, where you will be asked to upload your CV. Application deadline is April 4, 2021.
For more information, visit ECL Youth Ambassadors.