Deadline: June 30, 2021
Applications are open for the GCHERA World Agriculture Prize 2021. The Prize is the international award of the Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for the Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA).
The Prize aims to encourage the development of the mission of higher education institutions in education, research, innovation, and outreach in the agricultural and life sciences by recognizing the distinguished contribution of individuals to this mission.
GCHERA has the mission to encourage mutual understanding and global co-operation among higher education associations and their constituent member institutions in supporting innovation and to provide within the global context, leadership in education, research, and outreach in the agricultural and life sciences.
- Two $100,000 USD prizes will be awarded in 2021 with at least one recipient coming from a country NOT classified as having a developed economy.
- Open to an individual academic/faculty member from a higher education institution in recognition of the academic/faculty member’s lifetime achievements working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences – including but not limited to agriculture, forestry, natural resources, food, bio-based products, bioenergy, rural development, and the environment.
- At least one recipient will be from a country NOT classified as having a developed economy.
- Each nominee will demonstrate exceptional and significant achievement in his or her engagement in the mission of higher education institutions in education, research, innovation, and outreach relating to the agricultural and life sciences.
- The impact of these achievements will most likely be demonstrated in the work of the nominee in the development of the institution(s) in which the nominee has served, and in the local and wider geographical region of those institution(s), but not necessarily globally.
You can register to make a nomination. You will then receive a password by email to allow you to log on to the online nomination form. You can update your nomination form at any time until the closing date of June 30, 2021 5:00 pm GMT.