Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Summer School 2021
Deadline: April 14, 2021
Applications are open for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Summer School 2021. Students at ACU member universities are invited to join the Summer School on August 2-13 for a two-week virtual event exploring the theme ‘Urban disasters: Vulnerability and resilience in a pandemic’.
The ACU Summer School is a transformative opportunity which connects students across the Commonwealth. Participants can expect:
- Talks by leading international speakers;
- Engaging and challenging group project work;
- Networking opportunities;
- Intercultural sessions;
- Skills development;
- The chance to learn about the history and culture of Mumbai.
The Summer School programme has been developed by senior specialists from the School of Disaster Studies at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. It’s a small and friendly event which is capped at 50 participants. Participants who do not have access to Wi-Fi will be able to apply for a grant to fund data costs needed for them to participate. The event is free, but the 50 participants will be selected as part of a competitive selection process.
- Participants must be a current postgraduate (Master’s/PhD) or final-year undergraduate students at ACU member university .
- Participants must not have previously travelled outside their home region or already participated in an ACU Summer School.
Complete an online application form. As part of the form, students must attach an academic reference from a lecturer at their current university and answer the following questions in 150-250 words each:
- Explain how your academic studies and/or interests, achievements, work experience and volunteering experience fit with the theme of the summer school.
- Briefly describe a challenge related to the COVID-19 pandemic experienced by a town/city in your country and how the community responded.
- How could the subject that you are studying/researching contribute to addressing a challenge related to the COVID-19 pandemic, or future pandemics?
- Explain how you plan to share and communicate the knowledge gained during the summer school.
For more information, visit ACU Summer School.