CRÉ-GRÉEA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021/2022 (Funding available)
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Applications are open for the CRÉ-GRÉEA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021/2022. The Research Group in Environmental & Animal Ethics (GRÉEA) in association with the Centre de recherche en éthique (CRÉ) is launching a competition for a postdoctoral research fellowship for the 2021/22 academic year (12 months). Subject to evaluation, the position is renewable for an additional nine months.
The fellowship is open to applicants whose research is on environmental and animal ethics, broadly conceived. Candidates whose work connects with one or more of the following topics are particularly invited to apply:
- Fundamental normative issues in animal ethics and/or environmental ethics;
- Practical issues related to our relationship to non-human animals and nature;
- Scientific knowledge and epistemological approaches that can help to elucidate our relationship with non-human entities.
GRÉEA and CRÉ will jointly offer to the selected fellow:
- A gross salary of $43,000 per year;
- An individual workstation, subject to public health restrictions;
- University affiliation;
- Access to the services of the university to which the fellow will be affiliated (e.g., libraries, etc.);
- Practical assistance in the organization of the stay.
In return, the fellow is expected to:
- Pursue the proposed research project;
- Participate in GRÉEA’s and CRÉ’s activities (conferences, seminars, lectures, reading groups, etc.);
- Present their ongoing research to their fellow researchers;
- Be present at the CRÉ on a regular basis.
- Candidates must have obtained their Ph. D. after June 1, 2018, and before the start of their fellowship;
- Have passive knowledge of both English and French languages.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The nature, quality and originality of the research project;
- The quality of previous research by the applicant;
- The relevance of the research project for the mission of GRÉEA and CRÉ, and the potential benefits to the applicant from a stay at GRÉEA and CRÉ.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- An article written or published within the last three years;
- A proposal outlining the proposed research project (up to 1500 words);
- Academic transcript of graduate work (if available – official and non-official transcripts are accepted);
- The properly filled out form;
- Two letters of reference to be sent directly to [email protected] before the deadline.
To submit your application: Except for the letters of reference, applicants must send all their documents in one single PDF file to Ely Mermans via [email protected] – coordinator of the GRÉEA – by April 16, 2021. Referees should send their letters of recommendation directly to the same email address. Applications can be submitted in English or in French.
For more information, visit CRÉ-GRÉEA.