World Summit Award (WSA) 2021 for Local Digital Solutions
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Applications are open for the World Summit Award (WSA) 2021. The WSA is a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high impact on improving society.
It is a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. Winners benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
WSA categories reflect the UN WSIS action lines and are updated regularly to meet the development of the markets. For the edition of the World Summit Awards 2021 the categories are:
- Government & Citizen Engagement: services, open data, democratic participation
- Health & Well being: Medical care, sport, lifestyle
- Learning & Education: knowledge, science, skills
- Environment & Green Energy: climate, sustainable resources, agriculture
- Culture & Tourism: Heritage, Entertainment, Subcultures
- Smart Settlements & Urbanization: Mobility, Productive work, Sustainable living
- Business & Commerce: Innovative services, security, finance, marketing
- Inclusion & Empowerment: diversity, gender, justice, human right
Winners will receive:
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 4 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers.
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries.
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community.
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs.
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects.
- Special placement on WSA website, YouTube channel and social media promotion.
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels.
A nomination for the WSA is already a win – these are the rewards:
- More coverage on your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- WSA nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the WSA means to be the best in the respective country in one of the 8 categories. WSA experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- They look for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories. WSA focuses on content depth, strategic value and local impact of a product.
To participate you need to be nominated by a WSA National Expert as the best national digital application in one of the 8 categories. The nominations to WSA are possible through national contests and national Expert panel selection. Each country can only nominate one project/solution per category.
For more information, visit WSA.