Green Talents Competition 2021 for Young Researchers in Sustainable Development (Fully-funded to Germany)
Deadline: May 19, 2021
Are you a promising scientist with innovative ideas and a strong focus on sustainable development? Does your research have the potential to help make the world a more sustainable place? Are you ready to collaborate with German experts and contribute to sustainability research in Germany? Apply for the Green Talents Competition 2021.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development and are willing to collaborate with German experts and to contribute to sustainability research in Germany. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
The Green Talents Award 2021 includes:
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2021:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany.
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary).
Applications can only be submitted online. Documents that are sent by email cannot be accepted. Please note that applications cannot be changed once they have been submitted nor can any missing document be handed in after the application deadline.
For more information, visit Green Talents Competition.