RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship 2021 for Architecture Students (Up to £7,000)
Deadline: May 28, 2021
Applications are open for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Norman Foster Scholarship 2021. The RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship is offered to a student of architecture who demonstrates the potential for outstanding achievement and original thinking on issues that relate to the sustainable survival of cities and towns.
In 2021, in response to the global restrictions on travel put in place to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, applications will be accepted for national research proposals as well as international research proposals. Therefore, students may submit a proposal for research on a topic in their home country or at (an) international location(s).
Both national and international research proposals should relate to the sustainable survival of our cities and towns and fall under one of the following themes:
- Learning from the past to inform the future
- The future of society
- Density of settlements
- Use of resources
- Quality of urban life
- Selected applicant will receive £7,000.
- To be eligible to apply, students must be enrolled in, and have successfully completed at least the first year of a professional qualification in architecture from a school invited by the RIBA.
- Each invited school can submit one application only for the scholarship from one of its current students, and each school chooses its own method of selecting its student.
Once selected by your school, students will need to submit the following:
- One completed application form signed by the student and by the Head of School;
- One A1 ‘poster’ presented as a PDF file detailing the proposal (topic, objective, locations). Applicants are restricted to 500 words on the poster submission, and images should be high-resolution.
Completed applications (including the application form and A1 ‘poster’) must be submitted via a web-based file transfer service (such as WeTransfer) to [email protected]g by the deadline of 5pm (GMT) on Friday 28 May 2021.
For more information, visit RIBA Norman Foster Scholarship.