Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Growth Accelerator 2021
Deadline: June 14, 2021
Applications are open for the Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Growth Accelerator 2021. Access to finance is the most cited challenge to the growth of women-owned businesses in Africa. Bankability and investment readiness are major impediments to attracting business finance.
The AWIEF Growth Accelerator is designed to support the unique needs of early-stage and high growth-oriented women-led ventures with business modelling, growth strategy training, corporate advisory, mentorship, networks, and access to strategic partnerships. The accelerator provides capital-raising support for growth, scale and sustainability. It builds women’s entrepreneurial leadership capacity, connects them with appropriate sources of capital and helps them scale.
After six months of hard work and being challenged, as part of the AWIEF Growth Accelerator cohort, you will be ready to tell your story and showcase your business to the world. The program offers:
- Three two-day bootcamps.
- Masterclasses: international expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals.
- One-on-one tailored mentorship and leadership coaching.
- Corporate partners: connection to corporates in your industry for valuable partnership opportunities, and as customers.
- Access to investors: get connected to opportunities with Nedbank and active VCs, impact and angel investors looking to invest in African women-led ventures.
- Pitch n Grow: Demo day/pitching event at the 7th annual AWIEF Conference and Awards (AWIEF2021) scheduled to take place on December 2-3, 2021.
- Free delegate pass to AWIEF2021 conference sessions.
- Join the AWIEF Community and alumni growth program: unmatched access to a pan-African and global network and peer connection to other women entrepreneurs, continued online post-program support, e-learning, events, and tailored introductions.
Businesses must be:
- South African Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs) or Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSEs); at least 50% female black-owned.
- In a post-revenue phase.
- Scalable and innovative ventures.
- In operation for not less than three years.
- Owned or led by ambitious and committed women entrepreneurs.
- Seeking investment or funding to scale.
Application deadline is Monday, 14 June 2021 at 23:59 CAT. Applications will only be accepted through online form.
For more information, visit AWIEF.