Call For Participants: UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2021
Deadline: June 2, 2021
Applications are open for the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2021. The World Heritage Young Professionals Fora are among the flagship activities of the World Heritage Education Program, serving as a platform for bringing young professionals and heritage experts together to foster intercultural learning and exchange, to debate about common concerns and to discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
As an integral part of the extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee (Fuzhou (China)/Online, 2021), and within the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Program, the National Commission for the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2021 online, under the theme of “World Heritage and Sustainable Livelihoods”, from 5 to 9 July 2021.
The Forum will highlight the importance of heritage for societies and livelihoods, and explore its great potential to contribute towards social, economic, and environmental goals, ensuring sustainable livelihoods across various dimensions.
Accompanied by local and international experts, and through a variety of presentations, roundtables, virtual visits etc., participants will gain in-depth knowledge of the processes and working practices of the 1972 World Heritage Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage, and explore the subthemes of :
- World Heritage: People and Governance
- World Heritage: Tourism and Community Development
- World Heritage: Community Empowerment through Innovation
- Applicants should be aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
In addition to general eligibility, the following elements will also be considered in selecting the participants:
- Balanced geographical representation;
- Gender equality;
- Diversity of professional backgrounds;
- Ability to disseminate gained experience in the country or institution of origin.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable livelihood practices for World Heritage sites.
All interested candidates who may wish to participate in the WHYPF 2021 should apply to the Forum by filling in and submitting the online application form in English.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 2 June 2021, at 23:59 Beijing Time (CET + 6).
For more information, visit UNESCO.