World Bank Group IFC Investment Analyst Program 2021 – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: May 20, 2021
Applications are open for the World Bank Group International Finance Corporation Investment Analyst Program 2021. The Financial Institutions Group, one of three major industry groups at the International Finance Corporation (IFC) is recruiting an Investment Analyst who will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and servicing existing portfolio clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring IFC investments in portfolio companies comprising various types of financial entities.
- Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; creating financial models to support the investment analysis.
- Conducting industry research and associated analysis to inform strategy as well as portfolio and new business decisions.
- Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships to ensure responsive end effective service to portfolio clients.
- Producing internal analytical reports on portfolio risk, impact and performance.
- Liaising with colleagues across departments and geographies to ensure effective collaboration among IFC staff.
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance, banking, portfolio management or consulting.
- Experience in a major financial institution (1+ years) with a proven track record desirable.
- Good knowledge of financial markets in the Africa region.
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills using Microsoft Excel and ability to identify key issues.
- Sound numerical, analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of investment, portfolio management and corporate finance and economics.
- Commitment to economic development and keen interest in development finance in emerging markets.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas clearly and confidently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; good knowledge of Amharic a plus.
The deadline for applications is May 20, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit World Bank Group.