African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) PhD Fellowship 2021/2022
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Applications for the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) PhD Fellowship 2021/2022 are now open. The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) was established in 1988 as a public not-for-profit organization devoted to the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa.
AERC wishes to announce the 2021/2022 Ph.D. scholarships for applicants from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries admitted into any of the following AERC Collaborative PhD Program (CPP) in Economics degree-awarding universities:
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- Felix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CPP universities;
- Have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university;
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics;
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage;
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage; and
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Program alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities (application procedure can be obtained from the respective university’s website). Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, applicants shall send the following documents to AERC on [email protected] and copy [email protected]
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above; and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
For more information, visit AERC Fellowship.