ISID/ESCMID Fellowship Program 2021/2022 for Investigators from LMICs (Up to $7,500)
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Applications are open for the ISID/ESCMID Fellowship Program 2021/2022. The International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) and the European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) established their joint fellowship program in 2010 to foster international, peer-to-peer collaboration and the exchange of scientific knowledge and best practice.
The program enables early-career investigators, from low and lower-middle income countries outside of the region, to travel to Europe for multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training. In the formative stages of their careers, successful applicants are given the opportunity to extend their research experience; learn from experienced infectious disease specialists; and return home with knowledge and processes that will help them improve clinical practice in regions where it most needs strengthening. With this objective in mind, proposals that enhance the transfer of technologies to geographical areas where they are particularly needed are favored.
- Two fellowships of up to US$7,500 and up to three months in duration are awarded annually.
- Open to residents of low and lower-middle income countries, as classified by the World Bank;
- They should be from outside of Europe;
- Be less than forty years of age, and will benefit from the opportunity to work or study outside of their country of residence.
Applications should be made using the online submission system by June 1, 2021 and include:
- Research plan – five pages including background, methods, limitations and references.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- Letter of reference from the applicant’s institution.
- Letter of invitation/reference from the host institution.
- Curriculum vitae of mentor from host institution.
- Budget details.
For more information, visit ISID/ESCMID Fellowship.