Apply to become Climate Tracker Programs Coordinator for the MENA region. They are looking for an individual from the Middle East and North Africa region who is deeply knowledgeable about climate change and journalism.
The role also involves coordinating the implementation of programs with a wide array of partners on climate-related topics, including civil society organizations and grassroots or community groups. The ideal candidate enjoys strategic planning, designing, and execution of projects that engages with young professionals across the region
This opportunity suits a programs manager professional, with 2-4 years of experience, who is passionate about addressing climate change. They are looking for a professional who enjoys collaborations and partnerships, thrives on trying new approaches, is open to feedback, takes initiative, and is solutions-oriented.
- Lead on the implementation of Climate Tracker programs in the Arab region by designing plans, timelines, and ensuring successful delivery of goals;
- Expanding Climate Tracker’s network in the Middle East and North Africa region through creating an online presence and various engagement methods;
- Engaging new and existing partners across the region for both international and regional funding and project opportunities;
- Engage with Climate Tracker MENA network and work on gathering content for the Climate Tracker Arabic website;
- Represent Climate Tracker in regional and international events/conferences whenever needed.
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, globally-minded group of individuals who are passionate about the fight against climate change;
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape and continuously develop your role;
- A 6 months contract (with the possibility of renewal thereafter)
- A competitive salary
- Have 2-4 years of experience in managing programs;
- Have good knowledge of climate change in the MENA region;
- Have good knowledge of communications and the journalism field in the MENA region;
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Have versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, etc.;
- Experience in working online and with international teams.
- Knowledge of UNFCCC and climate policy in the MENA region.
- Fluency in French.
This position is open globally with a preference for candidates based in the MENA region or in a similar time zone. If you’re interested in joining their team, please don’t hesitate to submit your application!
For more information, visit Climate Tracker.