TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 (Stipend available)
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Applications are open for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021. The fellowship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging areas in science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of 45 years on December 31 of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment.
- Be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution. N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen CSIR host institution(s), with copy to the CSIR contact person. This will allow CSIR to monitor requests and offer support or assistance in finding suitable host institution(s), if necessary;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
For more information, visit TWAS.