Deadline: May 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD) Scholarship 2021/2022. In the academic year 2021/2022 Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Certificate Program on International Relations and European Integration.
The study program takes place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, over two semesters, beginning in September and ending in May of the following year.
The scholarship covers:
- tuition fee;
- monthly allowance (450 EUR);
- accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
- health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
- cost of Schengen visa;
- scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
- Applicant must come from a country eligible for ODA
- has at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- has an advanced command of English (speaking, reading, and writing);
- is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service, and has been working there for at least one year;
- is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
- is hard-working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
The applicant should complete/submit by May 31, 2021:
- Application with a passport-sized photo;
- CV in English;
- Personal statement [motivation letter], 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons why you are applying, your relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit your future professional development;
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by unofficial English translation if the diploma is not in English);
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary);
- Copy of passport photo/data page;
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of Covid-19 to the future of Europe
- China – a partner or a foe?
- Multilateral reset in the US – dream or reality?
- Is soft power a successful tool to tackle the climate crisis?
- Digital diplomacy – interim measure or way forward?
Application documents can be submitted here.
For more information, visit ESD Scholarship.