United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Young Professionals from Africa and of African Descent Program 2021
Deadline: June 9, 2021
Applications are open for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Young Professionals from Africa and of African Descent Program 2021. The program is a starting point for an exciting career with the United Nations, aiming to attract motivated young professionals with diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
In 2021, UNFPA will recruit five young professionals to join the team at the UNFPA headquarters in New York. The young professionals will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package with an initial one-year fixed-term appointment at the P-2 level, renewable at least once, subject to satisfactory performance.
About the Program
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, they need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; they need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in program results.
- Open to qualified candidates who are 32 years of age or younger in 2021;
- Should self-identify as a person of African descent or are an African national.
- Fluency in English and French is required; knowledge of other official UN languages is an asset.
Click on the position to apply:
- Geospatial Information Analyst. Population and Development Branch
- Program Analyst, Operational Support & Quality Assurance Branch
- Program Analyst, Strategic Partnerships, Strategic Partnership Branch
For more information, visit UNFPA.