TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021/2022 for Researchers from Developing Countries (Funded)
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Applications for the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021/2022 are now open. The TWAS-CUI Fellowship is offered to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural or social sciences.
TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. NB: In 2018, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) changed its name to COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- Applicant must be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not be on site in Pakistan;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- If applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a PhD degree in a field of social sciences;
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide a certificate of good health – including results of a COVID-19 test (not older than 48 hours) – from a qualified medical doctor;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CIIT. Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) by emails [email protected] who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, the completed Foreign Student Information Sheet and scanned copy of their valid passport (just page with picture and biodata). For any queries, please contact [email protected] (Attention of: Mr. Kashif Masood, CUI Deputy Registrar);
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
- The call for applications is open until August 31, 2021.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Program should send a copy of their application (by e-mail) to CUI.
For more information, visit TWAS.