InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) Young Physician Leaders Program 2021
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Nominations are open for the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) Young Physician Leaders Program 2021. The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) is seeking candidates for the 10th IAP Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Program to be held on 22-26 October 2021 in conjunction with the World Health Summit in Berlin, Germany, 24-26 October 2021.
This year’s program is articulated in three parts:
- A specific leadership development program with a focus on analysing models of leadership with the aim of developing an individual action plan for personal leadership growth.
- A visit sponsored by the Bayer Science and Education Foundation to research laboratories in the Berlin area.
- Participation by the awardees in the events of the World Health Summit, a forum within which the YPL will be exposed to an outstanding scientific and policy program attended by a global group of medical and policy professionals.
- Successful candidates will have their local accommodation and meal costs covered and WHS registration will be waived.
- Participants from low and middle income countries will be provided with partial travel support if required. The travel to Berlin of accepted nominees from high-income countries is expected to be covered by the nominating academy/M8 Alliance member.
- Nominations will be accepted from members of the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) and the ‘M8 Alliance’ of Academic centres.
- Each organization can nominate a maximum of two eligible physicians below the age of 40.
They are seeking to identify up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40 who:
- Are pursuing careers in medical education, clinical leadership, public health, health policy and health services management;
- Show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers;
- Are enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with the senior professionals from multiple sectors who will be at tending the World Health Summit.
- Are willing, after the Berlin experience to engage with the wider YPL network, e.g. in developing collaborative projects.
A committee of medical and scientific professionals appointed by the IAP Executive Committee will review all applications and select the candidates who best fit the criteria outlined above. Successful candidates will be contacted the in early August 2021 with further details, precise dates and procedures.
For more information, visit IAP.