Tech For Our Planet Challenge Program 2021 for Startups
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Applications are open for the Tech For Our Planet Challenge Program 2021. The Tech For Our Planet challenge program is an exciting new opportunity for startups to pilot technology that will help us reach our net zero targets. The best startups will have the chance to showcase their solutions on the international stage at COP26.
Tech For Our Planet is looking for innovators who are providing key digital and data technology solutions to tackle important climate challenges. If this is you, apply now to be in with a chance to pilot and pitch your solution.
This challenge program is an initiative run in partnership between the Cabinet Office and PUBLIC to explore and showcase how digital and data solutions can make a major and essential contribution to the global climate effort.
- Challenge 1 – In Our Homes: How can we use technology to drive behavioral change and more sustainable consumption habits in our homes?
- Challenge 2 – On Our Plate: How can we use technology to promote more sustainable land use and waste management practices on our farms?
- Challenge 3 – Thinking Smart: How can we better capture and share energy consumption data across the grid?
- Challenge 4 – Engaging Communities: How can we use technology to allow local and international communities to have their say on climate priorities and initiatives?
- Challenge 5 – Green Finance: How can we use technology to make financial services greener?
- Challenge 6 – For Our Water: How can we use technology to support aquatic ecosystem protection, including ecosystem recovery, and preventing biodiversity loss?
- Rapid Piloting Opportunities: Successful companies will work with external partners on rapid pilots to demonstrate the value of their technology in advance of COP26. They will provide in-kind support for competition winners, including industry introductions and mentorship to ensure the pilots are as relevant as possible to government priorities.
- Showcase at COP26: The program will culminate with each company presenting their pilot, and the potential of their technology on stage at COP26. Looking to the future, innovators will work with HMG on bringing solutions to market and creating a legacy towards COP27 and beyond, that will expand to include hardware and engineering solutions
- Open to startups with solutions that will help us reach our net zero targets.
- Applicants may be from anywhere in the world.
May 12 – June 25
Innovators have six weeks to submit their application on the challenge portal.
June 25 – July 30
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. Selected startups will be announced at the end of July.
- Rapid Pilots
August 1 – October 30
Once the companies are selected, they will work with external partners on rapid pilots to demonstrate the value of the technology in advance of COP26.
- Showcase at COP26
November 1 – 12
As a culmination of the programme, each company will present their pilot and the potential on an international stage at COP26.
Looking to the future, innovators will work with HMG on bringing solutions to market and creating a legacy towards COP27 and beyond.
The application will close on June 25. Apply on or before this date to be considered.
For more information, visit Tech For Our Planet Challenge.