UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest 2021
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Applications are invited for the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest 2021. The theme of the 2021 art contest is “Together through sport”. It sheds light on the power of sport to bring people together and create a sense of hope.
This year, you can send an illustration and enter the #dreamball design contest. The best designs will be turned into footballs made by an ethical manufacturing company and sold to support sporting activities for refugees!
- Your best creations will be shared with UNHCR’s 10 million followers on their social media platforms and featured in a digital exhibition. Finalists will receive special prizes and goodies from UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
- This year, they also open a special competition: the #dreamball design. The five best designs will be turned into footballs stitched by refugees and host community members in Kenya, through an ethical ball manufacturing company: Alive and Kicking. The winning balls will be sold online to support sporting opportunities for refugees.
- If you are between 10 and 30 years old, this art contest is your chance to use your creativity for a good cause.
- You don’t need to be a professional artist. Anyone can be creative in their own way.
- Young refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless and internally displaced people are most welcome to join the contest.
You can draw by hand or on a computer or tablet. If you draw by hand, please scan or take a good quality picture of your drawing. They accept drawings in pdf, jpeg and png formats.
- For the general competition, send them a drawing or a comic illustrating the theme, in the format of your choice.
- For the #dreamball design competition, use the ball design template and draw within the two frames. If you cannot print or use the template, draw the pentagon and hexagon shapes by hand. Try to use a maximum of 3 different colors including white. Feel free to draw more abstract designs.
Make sure to submit your creation below. You can also post your drawing on your own social media using “together #withrefugees” and #dreamball.
For more information, visit UNHCR.