UNFPA Malawi Digital Media Arts Accelerator Training for Youth 2021
Deadline: July 10, 2021
Applications are open for the UNFPA Malawi Digital Media Arts Accelerator Training for Youth 2021. UNFPA Malawi invites you to a unique chance of acquiring digital media, art, and workplace skills and certificates from their pilot Digital Media Arts Accelerator Training Project.
Media art is a highly demanded skill in the era of a fast evolving digital economy and as part of youth empowerment program, UNFPA is recruiting the first batch of digital media arts trainees from Lilongwe. Trainings will be provided in Lilongwe for a maximum of 10 participants once a week from August 10 – December 21, 2021.
Topics they will cover include:
- visual literacy
- photo editing
- basic graphic design
- creating multimedia for clients and organizations
- workplace skills for designers.
These trainings are offered free of charge for in-person (Lilongwe) live weekly courses as well as interactive online trainings. Classes will meet live 3 hours each, once a week and students will also be expected to work on projects and practice their new skills outside of live class time and through their online classroom.
Participants must have:
- Enthusiasm and motivation to succeed even when faced with obstacles;
- An excellent work ethic and ability to be on time and meet deadlines;
- A good command of the English language;
- At least basic computer or technological skills. (i.e., Can use the internet, send an email, save a file, a willingness to learn and keep learning as technology and tools change, etc.);
- Reside in Lilongwe City (no transport support will be provided).
Participants do not need to have:
- A degree/ diploma in media, journalism, ICT or advanced secondary school leaving certificate;
- A perfect artist’s portfolio. Often an interest alone in the arts is enough to get started;
- Advanced computer or technological skills. (Basic computer literacy skills are required however.)
To apply you have to submit the following items in one email to [email protected]:
- Motivation letter (max. 1½ pages)
Tell them a bit about who you are and why you would like to participate in this training. Also include your contact details such as phone number and email address as well as which days and times to meet live once a week best work for you if you are selected. (They are currently leaning towards meeting every Thursday from 9AM-12PM but may be open to change this if a different day/time suits more people.)
- Make a short video (under 2 minutes) telling them about yourself, about your artwork (or the work you hope to create in the future), and why you think you are a good fit for this training.
For more information, visit UNFPA Malawi.