Deadline: July 12, 2021
Applications are invited for the Kosovo American Education Fund (KAEF) Program 2022. The program offers graduate fellowships at American universities to talented Kosovars who demonstrate a strong commitment to the economic development of their country.
The KAEF Program now offers the choice of 2 distinct program paths:
- Traditional U.S. Based Program: participants come to the U.S. for the duration of their 1 or 2 academic year programs, take part in an internship following the first year, and eligible for post-academic training opportunities.
- Online Program: participants enroll in online degree programs from a U.S. university or college. Each participant maintains full-time academic program status and completes a degree within the expected duration (based on the U.S. university). Academic program lengths vary from 1-3 years.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend from the KAEF program that should pay for basic necessities while they study in the U.S. This includes basic housing, food, and incidentals.
Competition for the KAEF Program is merit-based and open to anyone who meets the following requirements:
- In possession of a passport from Kosovo by October 2021.
- An habitual resident in Kosovo and residing in Kosovo at the time of application and during the selection process.
- Able to convincingly demonstrate existing and durable ties to Kosovo, and a firm commitment to return to/remain in Kosovo for at least two years after the completion of the program.
- The recipient of an undergraduate degree by the time of study in the U.S. (degree must be in law in order to apply to the KAEF Program in the field of law).
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
- Able to demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential in the selected field of specialization.
- Able to begin the program of study at a university in the United States in the summer of 2022.
- Able to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa. (U.S. Based path only)
The KAEF Program does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, age, race, color, gender, religion or disability. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The 2022 application for the KAEF Graduate Fellowship Program will be available until 11:59 PM (EST) on July 12, 2021. Your application must be submitted by that date in order to be considered in this year’s selection process.
For more information, visit KAEF.