Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2021 (GIJC21) Fellowship for Journalists
Deadline: August 17, 2021
Applications are open for the Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2021 (GIJC21) Fellowship. The 2021 Global Investigative Journalism Conference is this November 1-5, and for the first time, they are doing it all online. The conference is the seminal international event in investigative journalism, featuring practical panels and workshops on the latest investigative techniques, data analysis, online research, cross-border collaboration, and more by the best journalists in the field.
Since 2001, they’ve trained over 8,000 reporters, sparked headline-making collaborations, and spread investigative reporting worldwide. This year’s online conference (#GIJC21) includes a global schedule with regional, continent-specific programs, multiple language translation, and lots of networking opportunities.
- Admission is $100 USD — for five days of programs — but if you can’t afford that, GIJN is offering fellowships to journalists in developing and transitioning countries.
- Fellows will get free admission for the full duration of GIJC21, plus access to watch the conference videos on demand after the event is over.
- Open to full-time print, online, television, video, radio and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries. Part-time reporters whose primary career is journalism are also welcome to apply.
- Experience in investigative or data journalism is a plus.
- A working knowledge of English, with the ability to understand panel discussions and workshop talks.
The deadline for fellowship application is August 17, 2021. Winners will be notified via email by the end of September, 2021.
For more information, visit GIJC21.