Mills Fabrica Techstyle for Social Good Competition 2021 (Up to HKD 525,000 in prizes)
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Do you have a techstyle (technology + lifestyle) innovation that can create positive environmental and social impact? Does it incorporate apparel/textiles or agrifood technology? If the answer is yes, enter the Techstyle for Social Good 2021 international online competition now!
Mills Fabrica is on the lookout for techstyle (technology + lifestyle) innovations with a special focus on apparel/textiles or agrifood tech that are making a positive impact on society + creating solutions for the greater good.
- Apparel/Textiles innovation
- Sustainable supply chain & production
- Materials & products innovations
- Sustainable platforms & circular models
- Agrifood Tech
- Supply chain incl. agritech, transparency, logistics, distribution and packaging
- Alternative foods/ ingredients/ new food brands
- New food retail – food apps, innovative kitchen and retail solutions
- Prizes worth over HKD 525,000 including cash prizes, enrolment onto an incubation program, mentorship sessions, hot desk + Fabrica Lab membership and access to Fabrica’s community of startups, partners and industry events.
- Individual and group entries with max. 5 members are welcome;
- At least 1 team member must be current students or graduated in the last 3 years;
- At least 1 team member must be available to participate in the final competition.
Contestants need to submit a portfolio which consist of:
- 250 Word Summary (1,600 characters in MS Word format):
- Description of the rationale and concept
- How is it matching the 3 judging criteria: innovation, impact to society, scalability
- Presentation Deck (max. 15 slides in PDF format):
- Visual evidence (i.e. photos, drawings, videos with embedded link, simulated models, and any other visual media)
- Description of the project detail
- The relevancy to the 3 judging criteria: innovation, impact to society, scalability
- 1 – 2 minutes video (video file in MP4 format):
- Prototype/ simulated model/ rendering of design
- Contestants must present the prototype or design themselves
- Fill in the form and upload your files (max. 20MB) with required formats on the submission platform
- Rename all files to your project title: TFSG21_(project title)_deck/video
- Finish submission by 31st July 2021, 23:59 hours Pacific Daylight Time (by 1st August 2021, 14:59 Hong Kong Time)
For more information, visit Techstyle for Social Good.