Atlantic Fellows for Health Equity in South Africa (AFHESA) Fellowship Program 2022
Deadline: August 16, 2021
Are you passionate about health equity and social justice? Are you a changemaker and eager to contribute to change in your community and society at large? Are you keen to learning and working with others to achieve that change? Apply for the Atlantic Fellows for Health Equity in South Africa (AFHESA) Fellowship Program 2022.
The Tekano Leadership Development Fellowship Program is based on the belief that an inclusive, equitable, economically productive and healthy society comes from action that addresses the unequal distribution of resources and opportunities. Equally, it challenges racism, classism, xenophobia, sexism and heteronormativity. Tekano is part of a global network of similar initiatives in South East Asia, Australia, Ireland, the United States, the United Kingdom and South Africa.
- All fellows will receive a stipend for their attendance at module. Additional financial support will be availed for Fellows’ social change initiative. The value of the stipend is reviewed annually. Successful Fellows will be notified in their letter of offer, what the value of the stipend is for 2022.
Applications are open to individuals who:
- Are of African descent who reside and/or work in South Africa.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to social justice, preferably linked to health equity.
- Commit to attend and participate fully in all program activities of the Fellowship Program, and complete required tasks within deadlines provided.
- If employed, have their employers support for participation in the Fellowship. Written proof will be required and a discussion with the employer will be held where necessary.
- Have an idea for a social change initiative and a commitment and passion to undertake it in collaboration with others. (Kindly note that although applicants will be chosen based on their social change initiative, once applicants are accepted into the Fellowship Program, they will be expected to work collaboratively with other Fellows working on a similar thematic topic.)
Applications close on August 16, 2021. Please note that they are ONLY accepting applications via the online portal. If you are unable to access the portal, encounter any technical issues, or have any queries, contact the organisers at [email protected] or send a WhatsApp message to 074 936 9439.
For more information, visit AFHESA Fellowship.