Apply for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 ($50,000 grant)
Deadline: August 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 – sponsored by Deloitte. At Deloitte, they are committed to expanding opportunities for 100 million people by 2030 by developing job skills, improving educational outcomes, and providing opportunities for individuals from underrepresented and marginalized groups around the world to realize success.
In line with this ambition, Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 for the third year. Working together, they can accelerate innovative youth-led solutions to achieve inclusive, equitable, and quality education for all.
The solutions should drive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for young people to prepare for the future workforce.
- Accelerate entrepreneurial skills and develop a new generation of job creators.
- Improve access to education and skills opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy.
- Support transition to virtual learning and adoption of technologies to empower learners’ access to education and skills development opportunities.
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Open to young people from social enterprises, non-profits, or community organizations.
- Project should be evidently aligned with the challenge.
- Be founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
- Projects need to be based where Deloitte has a presence.
You cannot save draft responses for this application so they recommend drafting your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.
For more information, visit Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4.