Deadline: August 10, 2021
Applications are open for the Daniele Tamagni Grant 2021. This is an international Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers.
The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora and the in-depth exploration of the medium of photojournalism. During the Scholarship, the recipient will create a new body of work to be presented for admission to the Addis Foto Fest in Ethiopia and an Italian Photography Festival (still to be confirmed). The Recipient will also be introduced to international photo editors and professionals within the media industry.
The scholarship includes:
- Market Photo Workshop School tuition for a one year enrolment to the Photojournalism and Documentary Photography.
- A monthly stipend of 10,000 ZAR (around €580/$650) for 12 months, to cover accommodation, meals and other out of pocket expenses, while attending the Course at the School in Johannesburg.
- Medical insurance.
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
- Open to photographers with a maximum of five years of professional experience;
- Applicants may be from any country in the world;
- Their work explores the African identity, engaging with the African continent or its diaspora;
- There will be no age limit;
- The official language of the initiative is English as the Recipient of the Scholarship must be proficient in English to benefit from the workshops and the reviews.
Applicant must verify the following conditions:
- To be the sole author of the photographs
- Her-His ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights
- For communication, promotion and cultural initiatives, the recipient agrees that the Daniele Tamagni Foundation, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, is entitled to use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction)
Each applicant must submit the following:
- A portfolio of min 20, max 30, fully captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- Max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- A declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- A short bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- Only, when feasible, a brief testimonial by their Teacher(s).
For more information, visit Daniele Tamagni Grant.