ASEAN-China Young Leaders Summit 2021
Deadline: August 17, 2021
Applications for the ASEAN-China Young Leaders Summit 2021 are open. The ASEAN Foundation and Peking University is pleased to organise the ASEAN-China Young Leaders’ Summit for 2021. The summit targets tertiary education students from across ASEAN and China to understand diplomacy as well as decision-making of ASEAN Member States in addressing regional issues through various high-level ASEAN meeting simulations.
The summit promises an authentic experience to understand ASEAN affairs and “Commemorating 30 years of ASEAN-China Dialogue Relations: Strengthening Strategic Partnerships for the Next Decade and Beyond”. It will be an interactive process where YOU, the delegates, will role-play various levels of ASEAN official engaging in various levels of meeting simulations. This will definitely be an interesting and delightful experience. The ASEAN-China Young Leaders Summit will be held virtually from September 23-26, 2021.
- The Summit will be fully paid for by the organizers.
- Enables you to understand ASEAN diplomacy and how decision-makers of the ASEAN Member States address regional issues by involving in the authentic simulation exercises.
- An exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience with organisers and your peers from other ASEAN Member States and China!
- Join a network of young leaders from across the ASEAN region and China.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate studies from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States and China when the program takes place.
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- English proficient, verbal and written.
Applicants will be required to provide the following:
- Personal data
- Soft copy of full-face photo (ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG and does not exceed 500 KBs)
- Provide Passport/ID that has your face (ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG format and does not exceed 500 KBs)
- Letter of recommendation from respective department/faculty/university/education institution for each person (ensure that your file is in PDF format and does not exceed 500 KBs). This is written in free format on letterheaded paper signed by an authorised official of your institution verifying: name, department, faculty, and the current semester you are at.
- List of five (5) most noteworthy personal achievements (share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- An individual essay of not more than 800 words.
In addition to the above requirements, submit a 1.5-minute creative video introducing yourself, what drives you to participate in the ASEAN-China Young Leaders’ Summit and your passion for developing sustainable strategies!
For more information, visit ASEAN-China Young Leaders’ Summit.